Deliver remarkable improvements in finish bore size, geometry and surface finish with extremely tight tolerances held as close as .0002″ on most parts. Honing creates a high bearing area ratio, low surface roughness and a defined cross hatch pattern for lubricant retention.
Depending on your material and surface finish requirements, different stone materials can be used to meet your manufacturing specifications. We provide honing services for both thru-hole and blind-hole bores. Together, the members of our honing team have 110 years of experience.
Looking for high volume or a small lot of complex parts? We can help! Grind Lap provides superior quality, fast service and competitive pricing.
The Grind Lap Difference
Combine honing with ID grinding for a precision finish on your parts – without the need for multiple shipments. Grind Lap offers high-quality, tight tolerance, comprehensive precision grinding, lapping and honing services at a single facility to save time and money and accelerate your supply chain.
Benefits of Working with Grind Lap for Honing Services
Grind Lap creates partnerships designed to increase productivity and reduce total costs for our customer/partners. Our team of operators and engineers deliver honing services at a competitive price that impacts the bottom line. Additional advantages of partnering with us include but are not limited to:
- Innovative and cost-effective solutions designed to increase productivity and save time and money.
- The highest quality engineers and operators in the industry.
- Streamlined processes designed to provide expertise and short lead times.
- In-house capabilities delivering honing services.
- Safe and green business practices designed to support workplace and environmental safety.